Friday, January 15, 2010

Nico Nico Douga, Jan. 15, 2010 Class

a booger = hard 鼻くそ
a snot = liquidy 鼻くそ

I'm sniffling.

I just took some medicine.

I hope you get better soon.

散らかっている
This room is a mess.
I'm a mess. a) look bad, b) having psychological problems
X There was an earthquake in Haiti. It’s a mess.
There was an earthquake in Haiti. It’s a disaster.

a disaster / a catastrophe = 天災

My hair is a disaster.

This room is messy.

This room is messed up.

You are so messy! = You are a slob!
a slob = a messy person

1. I’m trying not to be seen.
I am ~.

2. If you chase an animal to kill it you are ~.

3. I have much/many. = I have a ~.
3b. You park your car in a parking ~.

4. The center of st is also the ~.

5. A very short time is a ~.

6. Another way to say happy is ~.

7. If you say you are going to do st then it’s a ~.

1. hiding
2. hunting
3. lot
4. middle
5. moment
6. satisfied, pleased, glad, happy, thrilled, ecstatic

hide (verb)
To hide is to try not to let others see you.
 The other children will hide while you count to 100.
hide / hid / hidden

hunt [verb] / (noun)
To hunt is to look for or search for something to kill.
 Long ago, people hunted with bows and arrows.

to go job hunting
to go boy/girl hunting

lot (noun)
A lot means a large number or amount of people, animals, things, etc.
 There are a lot of apples in the basket.

I have a lot of problems.
There is a parking lot on the corner.

Note: He bought a large plot of land. (X lot of land)


middle (noun)
The middle of something is the center or halfway point.
 The Japanese flag has a big red circle in the middle of it.

夜中=the middle of the night

I’m in the middle of something.
I was in the middle of reading the book when I lost it.
I stopped by the store on the way to work.
I got lost on the way.
I got lost on the way home.

a moment (noun)
A moment is a second or a very short time.
I’ll only be a moment.
I'll be right with you.
momentarily=一時的に

I was momentarily delayed.
I was momentarily stunned.

We'll be boarding the plane momentarily.

pleased (adjective)
When someone is pleased, they are happy.
I'm pleased to meet you.
She was not pleased with her test results.
promise (verb)
To promise is to say you will do something for sure.
He promised to return my book by tomorrow.
Promising
He has a promising future in the major leagues.

That guy is a piece of work.=usually negative

That guy is something.=negative or positive

That guy is shit.=bad
That guy si the shit.=good

Could you turn up the volume?
Can you do something to improve the sound quality?

No comments:

Post a Comment