Monday, September 12, 2016

(会員) 11pm, Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 - RANDOM!

(会員) 11pm, Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 - RANDOM!

1. Does that ring a bell? = Does what I said remind you of something?

Sorry, that doesn’t ring a bell.

That name doesn’t ring a bell.

2. Saved by the bell. = Something interrupted us and now I don’t have to answer.

3.
A: I hope you can come to my party.   
B: I’ll be there with bells on.

4.
A: I hope you can come to my party.   
B: I’m sorry. I can’t. I have plans.

5.
A: Want to have  a beer after work?  B: Rain check. I’ll take a rain check. I better take a rain check. Let me take a rain check. Gimme a rain check.

6. That’s easy. = Piece of cake.

7. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

A: I want to lose weight, but I hate dieting.   
B: You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

8. X  “I want to lose my weight.”  What’s the mistake?  —> I want to lose weight.

9. I want to lose about 2 kilograms.
X I want to lose weight 2 kilograms.

10. No pain, no gain. = 頑張らないと成功できない。
11. He is a pain in the neck/butt/ass.

12. vulgar = 下品な

No comments:

Post a Comment