Friday, December 2, 2016

Nico Dec 2 2016

Nico Dec 2 2016

to eat crow = to embarrassingly admit you made a mistake

to eat your words =

Recently Mitt Romney was seen having dinner with Trump.

Romney ran for President against Obama 4 years ago, and he lost.

Romney was very anti-Trump this year.

to eat humble pie, to eat crow, to eat one's words

It’s as easy as pie. = It’s a piece of cake.

He has his fingers in a few pies.

sell like hotcakes = selling well
His new book is selling like hotcakes.

That guy is a nutty as fruitcake.
He is nuts. = crazy

as flat as a pancake = very flat

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

That takes the cake.

That’s a piece of cake. That’s as easy as pie. That’s a cakewalk. That’s a walk in the park.

I can do that blindfolded. = easily
I can do that without breaking a sweat.  = easily
I can do that with my hands tied behind my back.  = I can do that with one hand tied behind my back. = easily

No comments:

Post a Comment