Friday, November 6, 2015

IT IS FRIDAY NIGHT! STUDY TIME! 11pm

Nico - Nov. 6 2015

His legs are wobbly.

I could use ... 

I could use a beer. 

Q: Hey, you wanna a beer?   
A: Oh, yeah. I could use a beer.  

You could do with a haircut.

Pattern: You could do with a NOUN.

You could do with a bath/shower. 

I could do with some sleep. 

A: Hey, you look exhausted!  
B: Yeah, I could do with some sleep.


I’m not cut out for politics. 

I’m not cut out to be a politician.   

politics  /  politician 

I'm not cut out for sports.

I’m not cut out to be a professional athlete. 

I have a big speech to make tomorrow. Please wish me good luck. 

Break a leg. = Good luck.

What do you ask someone if they fall down? 
A: FALLS DOWN.
B: Are you OK? 
A: I’ll be OK / all right. 

Don't worry. You'll be OK. 

I take after my father.   
I look like my father. 

I look like my mother, but I take after my father. 

interesting < intriguing 











No comments:

Post a Comment