Friday, April 8, 2016

(会員)2016年4月8日(月)英会話ライブレッスン




http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1460129058

I like to be pushed. I like to be challenged.

Peter shoplifted things from the store. 

Maybe you’re not surprised. I mean he was a rich kid from a rich family so maybe he was simply being rebellious. 

to write st off as st 

We could write off his shoplifting as simply a symptom of his rebellious nature.

I wrote off his comment as simple drunkenness. 

to write off st as st = to decide that st that happened is a simple result of st else and you decide not to give it too much value

to write off st as st = to define st simply 

I showed up late to a job interview, and the person who interviewed me just wrote me off as irresponsible. 

action@k3.dion.ne.jp

signature = st that refers to st specifically

I'm torn! = I don’t know what to do. 

Former Uruguayan President Jose Mujica 

He is know for his austere lifestyle.
austere = having no comforts or luxuries.

He was in solitary confinement for 13 years.

His speech was very compelling.
Jose's interview - URUGUAY - #HUMAN

a rant = a complaining speech




























No comments:

Post a Comment