Tuesday, June 13, 2017

(公開) June 13, 2017 -Tues. Night Lesson - Basic Mistakes

(公開) June 13, 2017 -Tues. Night Lesson - Basic Mistakes

1. May I have your name?
What’s your name?
What was your name again?
Hi, my name is Victor.

2. join
X Will you join the party?
Are you going/coming to the party?
join + person
Ex: Would you like to join me?
Would you like to join me for coffee?
Can I join you?

join + fixed group
When did you join Toyota?
I joined a gym.
I’m thinking of joining the golf club.

3. .彼女がほしいなぁ。
×   I want to make a girlfriend. 
〇 I want to have a girlfriend.
〇 I want a girlfriend.
〇 I’m looking for a girlfriend.

4. .彼女ができた。
× I made a girlfriend.

I met a girl/woman. We’ve started [going out/dating].
I’ve started seeing someone.
I met someone. We’re dating.

5. 四人家族です
X We are four in the family.
O There is/are…  = new info.
O There are 4 people in my family.
I live with my parents and my brother. There are 4 of us.
〇 We are a family of four.  (formal)

6. 去年、スイスを旅行したの。
Swiss ―> Switzerland
O I went to Switzerland last year/summer.  
O I traveled to Switzerland last year/summer.

7. 彼女は幸せそうに見える。
X She looks like happy.
O She looks happy.

He looks like he is going to fall. = 落ちそうです。


8. 体重が減ったの。
X I lost my weight.   ―>
O I lost weight.
O I want to lose weight.

lose / shed / drop

9. 日本についてどう思う?
× How do you think of/about Japan? 
〇 What do you think of/about Japan? 
O How do you feel about Japan?

O How do you feel about moving to Japan?

Pattern: How do you feel about Ving?

10. 風邪ひいたの?
Do you have a cold? / Did you catch a cold? 
X Do you catch a cold? / Do you catch cold.

11. Why did you come to Japan? ―> What brought you to Japan? / What brings to Japan?
What inspired you to come to Japan? What inspired you to move to Japan?




























































No comments:

Post a Comment