Sunday, June 18, 2017

(会員) June 18, 2017 -Sunday. Night Lesson - Basic Mistakes

(会員) June 18, 2017 -Sunday. Night Lesson - Basic Mistakes


1. a skull
1. I’m bored out of my skull. = VERY bored

2. He has a thick skull. = kind of stupid or slow

3. Get that through your skull! = A stressed out way to say UNDERSTAND!!!

4. Let me pick your brain. = Let me ask you a few questions and gain knowledge from your experience. 
Do you mind if I pick your brain?

5. That’s a no-brainer. = That is such an easy decision you don’t even have to use your brain.

6. I racked my brains and came up with a great idea. 
to rack one’s brains = to think hard
I racked my brains, but I couldn’t think of anything.

7. You don’t have to be a brain surgeon to understand that.
It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to understand that. = It’s easy to understand. 

8. He has shit for brains. = He is really stupid. 
Hey, shit-for-brains!

9. He has sex on the brain.   He has money on the brain. 
He has her on the brain.
He is obsessed with sex/money/her.

10. He is a bird-brain. = an idiot

11. He blew out his brains. = He shot himself in the head.

12. He is brain dead. = He is a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment