Thursday, July 6, 2017

(会員) July 6, 2017 - 11pm Thur. Night Lesson - Join us!

(会員) July 6, 2017 - 11pm Thur. Night Lesson - Join us!
Today’s lesson was inspired by death.
be inspired by ~ ~からアイデアを得る、~に刺激される
This movie was inspired by a true story
a) death, b) die, c) dead
I’m scared of death.
When someone dies the doctor issues a death certificate.
issue a certificate = 証明書を交付する
death certificate 死亡証明書
I’m dying. a) 死にかけている、 b) super funny, c) really tired
X He is die.
O He is dead.
I’m dead.
I’m dead = I’m in big trouble.
You are dead. = threatening expression
You are dead! = I’m going to attack or kill you!
――――――――
自殺した
She committed suicide.
She took her own life.
She killed herself.
He committed murder.
Pattern: SB committed CRIME
He decided to end it. / He ended it.
I’ll end you.
1. That’s life.
Such is life.
2. 絶対 = You (can) bet your life.
3. ~ is a fact of life. = It is unpleasant but cannot be avoided.
4. Life begins at (AGE). Life begins at 40/50/60.
5. Proverb: The best things in life are free.
6. For the life of me, ~. = no matter how hard I try
For the life of me, I can’t understand why he did that.
I know her, but for the life of me, I can't remember how I met her.
7. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. = He was born into a rich family.
8. I wasn’t born yesterday. = I’m not stupid or naive. You can’t fool me.
9. He is a natural born entertainer.
He is a natural born teacher/writer/singer/leader.
10. Were you born in a barn?
That guy was born in a barn.
Hey! Take your feet off the table. You weren’t born in  barn.















No comments:

Post a Comment