Sunday, June 27, 2010

Intermediate-Advanced Time Idioms, Nico Nico June 27, 2010

Intermediate Time Idioms
1. What do you think? Do you think I'm an idiot? I wasn't born ~, you know!


2. C'mon! We're late. There's no time to ~.


3. Thanks so much for the present! You really made my ~.


4. Don't let him come in the house yet. I need a few more minutes. Could you ~ him?


5. They are open all the time. They are open ~.


6. Thanks for coming! You saved me just in the ~ of time.


7.
A: I'm so sorry, I'm late.
B: Don't worry about it. Better ~ than ~.


8. She gets up at the ~ of dawn every day.


9. He's a great guy. He'll help you at the drop of a ~.


10. He's a big sumo wrestling fan. He's a ~ time sumo fan.


11. He ~ 7 years in prison for stealing a car. / He ~ in the army for 2 years.


12.
A: Want to go out tonight?
B: No, thanks. Maybe some ~ time.


13. Sorry, but I can't really help you today. I'm a little ~ for time.


14. Her birthday is just around the ~. (Her birthday is very soon!)


15. I'm sorry I'm late. I lost ~ of time.


16. The party was great! I had the time of my ~!


17. I'll never do that.=I'll do that when ~ freezes over.


18. I usually finish at work by 5pm, but I had to work ~ yesterday. I didn't get home until 10pm.


19. This report is due tomorrow and we're still not done. We're down to the ~.



20. I think we've done enough work for today. Why don't we call it a ~? Let's call it a ~.

---------------------------
---------------------------
---------------------------
---------------------------
Answers:

1. yesterday
2. lose, waste
3. day
4. stall
5. 24/7,
around the clock
6. nick
7. late / never
8. crack/ break
9. hat
10. big
11. served
12. other
13. pressed
14. corner
15. track
16. life
17. hell / over
18. overtime / late
19. wire
20. day


~ gets me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment