Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nico Nico June 8, 2010 Lesson

June 8, 2010
長寿の祝い Ancient long-life celebration

Kanreki

61 years of age

Koki
Kiju
Sanju
Beiju
Sotsuju
Hakuju
Hyakuga

Do Japanese celebrate certain birthdays with ceremonies?

厄年
For men 42 is considered an unlucky age.

In Japan, certain ages are considered unlucky.
For example, for men 42 is considered an unlucky age.

How can we ward off bad luck?

You should bribe the Gods.

You should purify yourself.

How does one purify themselves?
Stand under a waterfall.
I chanted while standing under a waterfall wearing a fundoshi in the middle of winter.

Idiom: I want to turn over a new ~.


今いいですか?= Is this a bad time?

Can you talk now?

Do you have a few minutes?

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

How much did you sell it for?

I ~ her to ~ to my party.

I got her to come to my party.

I got her to come to my party.

I convinced her to come to my party.

I persuaded her to come to my party.

I talked her into coming to my party.

No comments:

Post a Comment