Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nico Nico June 10, 2010 Lesson

Must Know Random Idioms/Expressions
----------------------------------------
1. It’s easy. = It’s a piece of ~.

2. That music makes me feel scared. It’s ~.

3. I can’t go out tonight. I’ll take a ~.

4. Sorry I had to suddenly cancel. Something came ~.

5. I said something stupid. = I put my ~ in my mouth.

6. Get to the point. Stop beating around the ~.

7. The early ~ catches the ~.

8. I have rice everyday. I am s~ and t~ of rice!

9. I feel like I’ve seen
him before. He looks ~.

10. He’s losing his hair. He’s ~ bald.
10b. The store is going bankrupt.
10c. He went nuts/bananas/crazy/ape shit.


11. I have no money. =
I’m completely ~.
I’m flat broke.
I’m dead broke.

12. He quit smoking
completely. = He quit cold ~.

Related: She gave me the cold shoulder.

13. That jacket looks really
good on you!=That jacket is ~!

14. I like music, but rap
is not really my cup of ~.

15. Something is wrong
with him, but I don’t know
what it is. I can’t put my ~ on it.

16. Wait! I know that word!
It’s on the ~ of my ~.
I know NYC like the
back of my hand.

17. We did not get along at first.
= We got off on the wrong ~.

18. Sorry to hear you’re depressed.
I wish I knew how to ~ you up!

19.
I wonder if Prime Minister
Kan has any ~ in his closet.

20.
A: I heard you’re going to
Hawaii next week.
B: What!? How did you know?
A: A little ~ told me.
----------------------------------------

Answers

----------------------------------------
1. cake, 2. creepy, 3. rain check, 4. up, 5. foot, 6. bush, 7. bird / worm, 8. sick/tired, 9. familiar, 10. going, 11. broke, 12. turkey, 13. you, 14. tea, 15. finger, 16. tip/tongue, 17. foot, 18. cheer, 19. skeletons, 20. bird,

Related to No. 1:
It’s a piece of cake=easy
It’s a piece of shit.= bad
It’s a walk in the park. = easy
It’s as easy as pie. = easy

No comments:

Post a Comment