Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nico Nico June 7, 2010 Lesson

What is the major religion in Japan?
Shinto, Buddhism

What do Shintoists believe in?
That is a difficult question.
It's too difficult to explain.

What do Buddhists believe in?
What does Buddha teach?

Do you have a church?

All religions have a place where people can pray.

Buddhists pray at temples.

Shintoists pray at shrines.

Never talk about religion, money, and sex.

Many people are curious.

Some people are very pushy about their religion.

Do you have priests?

There are Shinto priests?

Do you have female priests?

Do you have female monks?

Do you have a holy day?

the Sabbath=the holy day

a shrine
to bow

to observe a holiday

The Japanese government does not observe Christmas.
But many Japanese celebrate Christmas.

Do you celebrate birthdays?

I'm too old for that now.

I believe in love.

I believe in myself.=I have

confidence that I will succeed.

I prayed to God that I would pass the test.

I prayed for you.
vs.
I prayed to you.
I prayed to God.
I prayed to God
to heal my mother.
a torii

to purify

No comments:

Post a Comment