Saturday, September 19, 2015

(会員)2015年 9月19 日(土曜日)英会話ライブレッスン

Japan’s ruling coalition

自衛隊 Self-Defense Forces

同盟[連合]国

an opponent = sb who is against st

legislation 立法行為、法律制定

Are you for it? Are you against it? 

I'm against it. < I'm opposed to it. 
I’m an opponent of it. 

I’m for it. I support it. I’m a proponent of it. 

I promise to help you. 
I swear I will help you. 
I vow to help you. 

My camera was in the shop.

They fixed it, and now it's as good as new.

I'm as good as new. 

It's brand spanking new.

I'm in good shape.

I need to do some conditioning exercises.

This watch is old, but it’s in great condition.

I studied so I think I'm in pretty good shape. 

After my divorce I was in pretty bad shape. 

After my divorce I was in pretty good shape considering. 

After my divorce I was in pretty good shape all things considered. 

He has only been in Japan 6 months.  
Tom’s Japanese is pretty considering. 

Tom’s Japanese is pretty good considering the fact that he has only been in Japan 6 months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment