Friday, September 25, 2015

(会員)2015年 9月25 日(金曜日)英会話ライブレッスン

(会員)2015年 9月25 日(金曜日)英会話ライブレッスン
TAKE IDIOMS
1. Learn to take a joke.
You need to learn to take a joke.
He can’t take a joke.

2. Take a load off. = Sit down and relax.

3. take a rain check
I’ll take a rain check. = I’m sorry but I cannot join you today. Maybe next time.

4. take a photo/picture = 写真を撮る
Take a picture. It’ll last longer.

5. take a shower = シャワーを浴びる

6. take a bath = お風呂に入る

7. take a break = 休む = take five

8. take a day-off = 一日を休む, 1日休暇[休み]を取る
NOTE! This is not the same as “have a day off”

I have a day off next Wednesday.
In America, most people have Christmas off.

9. to take in (a movie)
to take in the sights
to take in the atmosphere 
to take in the air
to take in the sights and sounds
to take in a few tourist spots

I have a long break between classes, so I might take in  a movie.

I like walking down the street and taking in the atmosphere.

10. to take cover
If someone starts shooting at you, you should take cover.

11. take a shot = a) drink up one small glass of hard alcohol
b) to try
Ex: I’ll take a shot.
c) to shoot once at st
Ex. I took a shot at him, but I missed.

12. It takes two to tango.
Say this when two people are fighting and someone is trying to blame one of the people who is fighting. 











No comments:

Post a Comment