Tuesday, September 8, 2015

(会員)2015年 9月8日(火曜日)英会話ライブレッスン vocabulary builder

(会員)2015 98日(火曜日)英会話ライブレッスン vocabulary builder
1. anxious = nervous, worried
I’m anxious about my test.
I’m anxious about work.


2. anxious to VERB = 
I'm anxious to get this job.
That actor is anxious to do another film. 
I’m anxious to go to Hong Kong over silver week. 

3. broad = wide 
He has broad shoulders. 
He has a broad nose. 
幅広い知識 = broad knowledge
high-bridged nose 高い鼻
He is high-nosed!
He has a broad knowledge of Japanese culture. 
4. Who's the broad? = Who is the woman. (slang)

4. a colleague  vs.   a coworker
She is my colleague. vs. She is my coworker.

5. definitely vs. absolutely 
You look absolutely beautiful.
He is definitely lying. 
This is ~ the most delicious cheesecake I’ve ever had in Japan. 

6. He has an edge. = He has an advantage. 
Swimmers who shave their legs have an edge. 
Shaving your legs can give you an edge. 

edgy = new and cool and a little wild 




No comments:

Post a Comment