Tuesday, January 12, 2016

(会員) Monday Jan. 11, 2016 - Coming of Age Day Inspired English Lesson

(会員) Monday Jan. 11, 2016 - Coming of Age Day Inspired English Lessons

David Bowie died today. 

David Bowie passed away.  

David Bowie kicked the bucket. 

David Bowie bought the farm. 

He succumbed to cancer. 

Act your age!

I haven’t seen you in ages! = I haven’t seen you in a long time. = お久しぶりです。

Obama’s popularity shrunk.

Coming of Age Day=成人の日

Quite a few of these kids get drunk and crazy. 

He is still wet behind the ears.  = He is still young. = He is green. 
age of consent = the age at which you are legally allowed to have sex.

I'm not a spring chicken any more. = I’m not drunk anymore.  

I'm 65 years old, but I'm still young at heart.

I'm not as young as I used to be. 

I’m 65, but I am still young at heart. 

The anime community eats its young. <―> The anime community is competitive. 

old = ol’
Good Ol’ Boys.  = our old male friends ― usually power friends 

Good Ol’ Rock ’n Roll

Good old days. ―> Good ‘ol days. 

Those were the good old days. 












No comments:

Post a Comment