Tuesday, January 12, 2016

(会員) Tues. Jan. 12, 2016 - Random Vocabulary

(会員) Tues. Jan. 12, 2016 - Random Vocabulary

1. 感動する
I’m impressed. 
It’s impressive.
I was moved. 
It was moving.
I was touched. 
It was touching. 

I was deeply affected by his words.
He was an icon.

He was legendary. 

He was always morphing into a different persona. 

He was androgynous. 

産婦人科医 obstetrician and gynecologist

misogyny = hating women   …..
misogynous = a person who hates women



alien = sb outside a group, country, world, etc.
I feel alienated.

estranged = 〔友好関係にあった人が〕疎遠になった

We used to be close, but we have become estranged.
He succumbed to cancer.

Bowie died peacefully, surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer.
He will be sorely missed.
I have a sore throat. 

My muscles/legs/arms are sore from exercising/jogging/hiking. 

David Bowie will be missed.
He will be sorely missed.

I'm so sad to hear he is gone.

Bowie was a musical genius.
Bowie was a musical pioneer.
Bowie was a musical revolutionary.
He left a deep impression on me. 
David Bowie was simply brilliant.



No comments:

Post a Comment