Friday, October 13, 2017

(会員)2017年10月13日(金曜日)English Live Lesson

(会員)2017年10月13日(金曜日)English Live Lesson


Friday the 13th!

1. to be scared stiff = to be really scared

I was afraid. I was scared. I was terrified. I petrified!

2. a death trap = a car or building that is very dangerous and can easily kill people. 

3. He is scared of his own shadow. = a person who is easily scared

4. to give sb the creeps = to make someone feel scared and uncomfortable 
Ex: He gives me the creeps. That music gives me the creeps. 

5. creepy = adjective
Ex: He is creepy. 

6. to creep sb out > to give sb the creeps
Ex: He really creeps me out. 

7. a creep = a very 嫌な奴  
Ex: Tom is a creep. 

8. to haunt sb  = a ghost who is scaring a person/place
Ex: They say that house is haunted. = They say it’s a haunted mansion. 
Ex. I am haunted by the memory of my ex-girlfriend.  
Ex: I am haunted by what happened that day. 

9. I was scared shitless. 

10a. ~ scared the shit out of me.  = ~ really scared of me., 
10b. ~ scared the piss out of me.  = ~ really scared of me. 


11. ~ to scare sb out of their skin 
Ex: He scared me out of my skin. 

12. I jumped out of my skin. = I reacted strongly because I was scared. 

13. ~ makes my skin crawl. 
make someone's skin crawl(人)をゾッとさせる、(人)の心胆を寒くさせる、〔主語〕のせいで(人)の全身に悪寒[むしず]が走る


14. ~ makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. 
raise the hair on someone's neck(人)をゾクゾクさせる、(人)の身の毛をよだたせる

15. ~ gave me goose bumps. = scary or feeling very moved

16. to shake like a leaf = to shake because you are super scared or maybe nervous or maybe cold

17. to quake in one’s boots = to shake because you are scared

18. to scare the daylights out of sb,  
Ex: You scared the daylights out of me. 

19. to tremble with fear = to shake because you are scared 

20. to be so scared you almost piss/pee your pants 
Ex: I was so scared I almost pissed/peed my pants. 




No comments:

Post a Comment