Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ニコニコ July 29, 2009

Today we talked about these words.


afraid of / afraid to/ afraid for / afraid that

Examples:

I’m afraid of snakes.

I’m afraid of sharks.

I’m afraid of love.

I’m afraid of making mistakes.

I’m afraid to speak English.

I’m afraid to talk to her.

I’m afraid to speak English.

I’m afraid to swim.

I’m afraid for you. You might lose your job.

I’m afraid for you. = I'm worried about you.

I’m afraid that I can’t.

This has the 恐れ入れますがfeeling...

"That's a piece of cake." is one of the most common movie expressions.

So is "Piece of cake."

------------------------------------

Another group of words that often appears in movies ...

CREEP/CREEPY/CREEPS

noun/person: ~ is a creep.

noun/thing: ~ gives me the creeps.

verb: ~ creeps me out.

adjective: ~ is creepy!

That music is creepy.


Tonight a student made these sentences.

Moobs give me the creeps.

Man boobs give me the creeps.

--------------------------------------------

Proverbs/saying/expressions about looks/みかけ.

--------------------------------------------

1) Clothes make the man.

2) You look like a million dollars.

3) Looks can be deceiving.

4) All that glitters is not gold.

5) Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.

6)Seeing is believing.

7) A picture is worth a thousand words.

8) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

9) Beauty is only skin deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment