Monday, August 3, 2009

ニコニコ Aug. 3, 2009

Today we talked about these things.
Please watch the video as you review!
---------------------------------------------
I just saw a car accident.

A car hit a bicyclist.

I just witnessed a car accident.

I just had dinner.

to have vs. to eat

Would you like to ~ dinner with me?
answer: have

I just got married.

I just had a good idea.
I just got a good idea.
----------------------------
sleep expressions:
---------------------------
眠い
I’m sleepy.

be vs. feel

I am sleepy. / I feel sleepy?

I am/feel drowsy.

寝ています。

X to be on the chair

O to be in the/a chair

He's on the toilet.

on the sofa

Let me sleep on it.=Let me think about it.

よく眠たの?=Did you sleep well?

Sleep well, sleep tight. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.=(Set phrase) Sleep well!

Cat got your tongue? =Why don’t you speak.

He's fast asleep. = He's sound asleep. = ぐっすり寝ています。

I was just sound asleep.

It is a healthy investment. (good investment)
very similar to
It is a very sound investment. (safe investment)

I slept like a baby. = I slept well.

That was pretty manly of him.=男らしい

No comments:

Post a Comment