Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nico Nico Douga Mixed Lesson, Sept. 27, 2009

Nico Nico Douga Mixed Lesson
Sept. 27, 2009

too much

They over did it.

That must have hurt.

That's gotta hurt.

変態
He looks like a pervert.

shame

It's a shame.

What a shame.

I'm embarrassed / ashamed.
I'm embarrassed / ashamed of ~.
I'm embarrassed / ashamed of my test results.
I’m ashamed of him.
As a Japanese person, I’m ashamed of him.
As a Japanese person, I’m embarrassed for him.
-------------------
“in” idioms:

That style is in. =
That style is popular.

That style is out. =
That style is not popular.

I was in time.=I was not too late.

I was on time.=I came
at the agreed upon time.

descriptive situation
in <--> out /outside 
It is in the box.
It is outside (of) the box.

Get on the horse.
Get up on the horse.

action situation
in <---> out of
He put it in his pocket.
He took it out of his pocket.
----------------------------
to show amount of time:

PAST:
I have not ~ in 3 months.
I have not seen her in/for 3 months.
----------------------------
FUTURE:
I’ll see you in a few days.

I’ll see you after Oct. 1st.
I’ll see you after the party.

----------------------------------
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment