Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nico Nico Douga Sept. 2, 2009

Beginner's class

I have a cold today so my voice is strange.
He has a nasally voice.
nasal/nasally=鼻声
------------------------------
Listening:
------------------------------
1. How ya doing?
2. How are you?
3. How old are you?
4. How's your meal?
5. How about a drink?

Would you like something to drink?

-------------------------------
Telephone English:
-------------------------------
1.
A: Mr. Ito, please.
B: どちら様ですか?

2. ただいま席を外すしています。

3. ただいま電話中です。

4. では、伝言をお伝えねがいませんか。

5. 戻りしだい、電話を頂けますか。

6. 戻り次第、こちらからお電話をさせていただきます。

7. 彼女は他の部署に移動になりました。

1. May I ask who's calling?
Who's calling, please?
Who's calling?
X Who is this?
X Who are you?

2. I'm sorry, but he's not at his desk at the moment.
I'm sorry, but he just stepped out.

3. I'm sorry, he's on another call right now.

4. Can/Could I leave a message?

5. Could you have him call me when he gets back?
Could you have him call me when he gets in?

6. I'll have him call you back when he gets in/back.

7. I'm sorry, but he's no longer working at this branch.
I'm sorry, but he's no longer working in this section.
----------------------------------------------
投票する=to vote
Did you vote?

選挙=an election
The elections were last Saturday and Sunday.

党=a political party
The USA uses a 2 party system.

野党=the opposition party
The opposition party won.

与党=the ruling party
The ruling part lost.

政治家=a politician
I don't trust politicians.

候補者=a candidate
He is a candidate for the Liberal Democratic Party.


当選=to win an election

落選=to lose an election

• elected by a landslide
《be ~》圧勝で当選する
He won by a landslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment