Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sept. 9, 2009

Even before the ball fell in front of the Seattle bullpen, fans stood to cheer Ichiro, who led off a game with a hit for the 215th time.
"It kind of moved me that the fans here in Oakland celebrated for me. When I would come here for visitor's games in my rookie year, the fans would sometimes pelt me in the head with coins and throw ice cream at me. I remembered that, so it felt somewhat good to do it here," Ichiro said.
--------------------
Let's study this...

Even before + st happened
Ex: Even before I met him,
I hated him.
I felt sick even before
I got to work today.
I knew he had failed
even before he told me.
I knew I loved her even
before we had spoken.

in front of st=何かの前
It’s right in
front of you.

My house is in front
of the gas station.

Fans stood to cheer.
People stopped to listen.
People stopped to watch.
She sat to rest.
She paused to listen.
He tried to listen.
He tried to understand.
I struggled to understand.

to cheer: 応援する

for the 215th time.
for the first time
for the second time

I went there for the
first time yesterday.

He was sick for the
first time this year.

I will meet her for the
first time tomorrow.


kind of
I am kind of hungry.
I am kind of tired.
He is kind of weird.
She is kind of pretty.
I was moved.
The song moved me.

to pelt sb
They pelted him with
coins and ice cream.

somewhat=(formal) kind of
I am somewhat tired.

kind of=
somewhat=
in a way=
sort of=
in a sense=
in a matter of speaking=

No comments:

Post a Comment