Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010 Nico Nico Douga Class.

First, someone in the class asked me,
“What is the difference between “even if”, “even though”, and “although”?
Here are some example sentences I talked about as I explained.
Even if it rains tomorrow I am still going jogging.
Even if you are an alien I still love you.
Even if you lied to me I still love you.
Even if you lied to me I would still love you.

Even though you lied to me I still love you.
Even though you lied to me I would still love you.
---------------------------------
Today we talked about Daily Idioms. Translate the following into English or fill in the blanks.
---------------------------------
1. おひさしぶり!

2. I missed your birthday!

3. What are the 6 meanings of HOT!

4. That was easy.=That was a piece of ~.

5. That was as easy as ~.

6. That was easy! = No ~.
Hint: liquid!

7. That’s an easy decision.=That’s a no 〜.

8. That was easy!=That was a ~.
Hint: nature

9.  That was easy to do.=That was a ~ in the ~.

10. It’s not difficult!=It’s not ~ science!

11. beer=

12. 6 beers in a set=

13. cup of coffee

14. champagne=

15. credit card=

16. money=
---------------------------

Answers

---------------------------
1. Long time no see!
2. Happy Belated Birthday!
3. a) temperature, b) sexy, c) popular, d) stolen, e) close, f) spicy
4. cake
5. pie
6. No sweat!=No problem!
7. That’s a no brainer.
8. That was a breeze!=That was easy to do!
9. That was a walk in the park.
10. It’s not rocket science!
11.a brewsky
12. a six pack
13. a cup of joe
Example: Fancy a cup of joe?
14. bubbly
15. plastic
16. bread, moolah, dough, green, cash, greenback, cold hard cash

No comments:

Post a Comment