Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nico Nico Douga, Beginners: May 25, 2010

Typical Mistakes!
初級
1. What are the three basic sentence patterns for giving new information?
a) I ~.
b) There ~.
c) It ~.

2. X There is one more way to introduce new information.
What is it?
d) My ~.

Typical mistakes that make me crazy:
3. X I mistaked!
--> I made a mistake!
In this sentence, “mistake”

is a noun, verb, or adjective?
It’s an noun.

What is the adjective form?
mistaken
Ex: I was mistaken

How do you use mistake as a verb?
I mistook A for B.
I mistook him for his brother.

4. X Today is heavy rain.
--> It’s raining hard today.
--> It’s pouring.
--> It’s really coming down.
--> It’s raining cats and dogs.

5. X My family is four.
--> There are four people in my family.
-->I’m married, and we have 2 kids.

6. My hobby is watching TV or listening to the music.
What are the 4 mistakes?
These activities are NOT hobbies! So you should say, "I like ~."
“Watching TV" is not a hobby. "Listening to music" is not a hobby.
It isn’t "OR" it is "AND"!
THE music? Why THE? THE is used when? When everybody know what you are talking about. 知っている物/こと
Good--> I like watching TV and listening to music.


7. X The taste is good.
--> It tastes good.

8. X The smell is good.
--> It smells good.

9. X You look like tired.
--> You look tired.
--> You look like a tired man.


10. X I have job tomorrow.
--> I have work tomorrow.
--> I have to work tomorrow.
--> I’m working tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment