Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nico Nico Douga Nov. 12 - How do you say the following in English? (Basic))

Nico Nico Douga Nov. 12 - How do you say the following in English? (Basic))

Please watch the Nico Nico Video at the same time as you review these notes.


How do you say this in English?
1. 冷たいなあ。
2. どうしよう?
3. まさか!
4. 本気?
5. そりゃ初耳だね。
6. よく言うよ。
7. やってくれるねえ。

Answers:
1. That’s cold.
You’re cold
You’re mean.
That’s a bit cold.
2. What should I do?
3. No way!
I can’t believe it.
You’re kidding.
No kidding.
4. 本気?

4. Are you sure?
Really?
Are you serious?
5. そりゃ初耳だね。
5. That’s news to me.
I’ve never heard that before.
Really, I never heard that before.

良く言うよ。

6. How can you say that?
What are you talking about?
That is such a lie!
You’re kidding!
You’re kidding, right?
You should talk.

7. Sure. Great job!
8. 変なのー。
That’s weird.
That’s strange.
That’s funny.
That’s odd.

9. いい気なもんだよ
What a jerk!
What a selfish jerk!
What an ass!
What a son-of-a-bitch.
What a bitch.

10. うんざりだよ。
I’m sick of it.
I’m fed up.
I’m tired of it.
I’ve had enough!
I’ve had it.
That’s it.
Enough!

11. 大きなお世話だ。
None of your business.
business= bees wax
Mind your own business.
business= bees wax
What business is it of yours?
What’s it to you?
That’s none of your concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment