Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nico Nico Douga Nov. 14 - How do you say the following in English? PART 2

How do you say the following in English?

On the telephone.
1. いつもお世話になっております。= Actually it does not really exist in English...but... let's look at the following example...

A: Hi, this is Victor from Toyota.
B: Oh, hello. How can I help you?
A: I need bla, blah, blah...
B: OK. We'll get right on that.
Thank you for calling.


On the telephone, after you finish talking...
2. よろしくお願いします。

Well, thank you for your time.

3. 相変わらずだね。

You never change do you?
You never change.

Fukusuibon ni kaerazu.

4. 覆水盆に返らず

What's done cannot be undone.
You can't unring that bell.
Once a bell is rung, it can't be unrung.
Don't cry over spilt milk.

5. 頭を冷やせよ!

Calm down!
Cool off!
Take it easy!
Chill out!


6. もう帰りましょう。

Let's go home.
Let's get going.
Let's get out of here.
Time to go.
Let's blow this joint.

7. 救いようのない人だ。

You're pathetic.
You're hopeless.
You're a loser.


8. いい加減にしろよ!

Cut it out!
Please!
Enough!
Gimme a break!


9. いちいちうるさいな。

Shut up!
Stop nagging me.
Stop bugging me.
Stop pestering me.
Do you mind?

10. いましかないよ。

It's not or never.


11. 嘘みたい。

No way!
Get out!
Get out of here!
Get out of town!
It sounds like a lie.
I can't believe it!
It's unbelievable!
It's too good to be true!
You must be kidding!



12. まるで夢のようだ。

It's too good to be true!
It's like a dream.
I feel like I've died and gone to Heaven.
I had to pinch myself to make sure
I wasn't dreaming.
Pinch me I think I'm dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment