Thursday, July 12, 2012

(会員) 07月12日 初級 Level - must know idioms (45 minutes)

(会員) 07月12日 初級 Level - must know idioms (45 minutes)


July 12, 2012
Must know idioms
Beginner’s level
It's an ugly shirt, don't you agree?
I won't argue with you. = I agree.
I'm joking about that last part.
1. That was easy.
That was a piece of cake.

2. I don’t talk to him anymore.
We lost ~.
We lost touch.

3. We often fight.
We don’t ~ ~.
We don’t get along.

4. I feel sick.
I’m under the weather.

5. 生理
She’s on her period.
It’s that time of the month.

6. She cries easily. 
She is a ~.
She is a crybaby.

7. He reads a lot of books.
He is a bookworm.

8. 彼は可哀想です。
I feel sorry for him.

9. 彼は最低です。= He is pathetic.

10. What are the 5 aches?
I have a backache.
I have an earache. 
I have a toothache.
I have a headache. 
I have a stomachache.

11. What is the machine rule?
on + machine
He is on the phone/computer/internet.
I saw it on TV.
I heard it on the radio.

12. What is the trip rule?
on + trip / tour / honeymoon / cruise / vacation / holiday
on + a trip
on + a tour
on + his honeymoon
on + a cruise
on + vacation / holiday

Check:
http:// actionteacher.blogspot.jp

13 恋に落ちた
=He fell in love.

14. 間違えました。
=He made a mistake.

15. 誰かが悪かった?
Whose fault was it?
Who was at fault?
Who was in the wrong?

16. 彼が寝ちゃった。
He fell asleep. 
He went to sleep.
He went to bed.
He hit the sack.
He hit the hay.

17. 彼は首だった。
He was/got fired.

18. He quit.
He quit. = He threw in the ~ .

19.お久しぶりです。 =
I haven't seen you in ages.

20. They are always open. = They are open ~.
They are always open. = They are open 24/7.



No comments:

Post a Comment