Sunday, December 21, 2014

(Members Only)Sunday. - Dec. 21, 2014 -11pm LIVE ENGLISH LESSON

(Members Only)Sunday. - Dec. 21, 2014 -11pm LIVE ENGLISH LESSON

metal idioms

1. “Strike while the iron’s hot.” = Take advantage of an opportunity while you can.

2. He has an iron will. = strong will

3. I have too many irons in the fire.

I have a lot of irons in the fire.

4. We've got to iron out some problems.
= We have got to fix some problems.

5. I am pumping iron. = I am lifting weights. = I am doing free weights.
I am working out. = I am exercising.

6. He has an iron grip!

7. Copper top. = someone with red hair
8. Hey copper! = Hey cop!

9. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
= He was born to a rich family.

10. Every cloud has a silver lining.

11. on a silver platter
I want his head on a silver platter.

12. silver tongued = a very eloquent speaker

13.  My word is as good as gold.

14. All that glitters is not gold. = classic proverb
Just because something is attractive does not mean it is good.

15. She has a heart of gold. / He has a heart of gold.

16. She/He is a gold digger. = To get romantic for money.

17. He is worth his weight in gold. 
~ is worth its weight in gold.

18. Silence is golden. = It is good to be silent.

19. You’re golden! = You will be happy because you’ll be in a good position.

20. That is a golden opportunity.




*deja vu
I’m getting deja vu.


No comments:

Post a Comment