Thursday, December 11, 2014

(Members Only)Thurs. - Dec. 11, 2014 -11pm LIVE ENGLISH LESSON

(Members OnlyThurs. - Dec. 11, 2014 -11pm LIVE ENGLISH LESSON
1. to re-gift st = to give someone st that you received as a gift
She gave me a doll for my birthday, but I already had the same one, so I regifted her doll to my niece.

It’s considered bad manners in America. 
2. a lavish gift = a very expensive gift

3. a souvenir = it must be a local gift/thing that you take back

4. a knick-knack = a small 

5. This is a small token of my appreciation. 
   This is a small token of my gratitude. 

6. Oh, you shouldn’t have!
Oh, you didn’t have to do that!

7. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. 贈り物にけちをつけてはいけない。

8. 
A: Wow! You’re a really good cook!
B: It’s a gift!

9. He has a gift for NOUN/VERBing.

10. It was a gift from God. 
 It is a gift from God. 

11. He thinks he’s God’s gift to women.
Brad Pitt is God’s gift to women. 

12. He has the gift of gab.

13. a free gift = something that you get for free when you buy something.
―――――――――――――――――――
14. a redundant = 冗長な、重複する、不必要な、
He was fired from his job because he became redundant.  


No comments:

Post a Comment