Tuesday, October 20, 2015

(会員)2015年 10月20日(火曜日)英会話ライブレッスン - move idioms

(会員)2015 1020日(火曜日)英会話ライブレッスン - move idioms


1. I have itchy feet. = I don’t want to stay here. 

2. I’m feeling antsy. = I feel restless.

3. You can ride with me in the care, but don’t be a backseat driver.

4. As soon as we reached the coffee shop, I made a beeline for the toilet.
The US government is making a beeline to build a wall between the USA and Mexico. 
Often used when someone is very hungry, thirsty, or has to do st right away. 

5. He is trying to make a comeback. 

*BONUS* 6. packed like sardines = very crowded
The train was so crowded yesterday. We we were packed like sardines. 

7. to pack it in.  = to quit
He was so tired, he decided to pack it in. 
a) to leave and go home, maybe go home    
b) to retire

8. I just got my bonus, so let’s go out tonight and paint the town red. 

9. to be up shit’s creek 
I’m up shit’s creek. = I am in trouble. 
I’m up shit’s creek without a paddle. 

10. GTFO! 
Get the fuck out! 

the fuck = adverb

Go the fuck away!

Come here! 
Come the fuck here! 

Shut up!
Shut the fuck up. 











No comments:

Post a Comment