Sunday, October 4, 2015

(会員) Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015 Lesson - Travel English

(会員) Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015 Lesson - Travel English

Men plan and God laughs.

1. Turn left/right.
Make a left/right.
Swing a right /left.
Swing a rightie /leftie.

2. colloquial

3. Do a U-turn. 
Do a u-ie.

3. Stop in front of the convenience store. 
Pull over in front of the convenience store. 

4. Enter that parking lot. 
= Pull into that parking lot.

Pull in here.

fare bill check fee cost 
5. taxi fare, train fare, bus fare, subway fare, plane fare - air fare

6. room charge 

7. I asked for the check. 勘定
Could I have the check, please? 

8. 入場料 = admission fee
How much is admission? How much does it cost to get into the park? 

9. cover 
There’s a $10 cover to get it. 

10. You have to leave a $10 deposit.

11. I’d like to make a reservation. 
      I’d like to reserve a room/table/car. 

12. I’d like to book a room/table/car. 
      I booked my flight. 

13. I’m sorry. We’re all booked (up).

14. I have a plane to catch. 
I have a plane to catch. 

15. I have a direct flight. 

16. I have to change planes in Detroit. 
      I have to transit in Detroit. 
17. I have a stop over in Detroit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment