Wednesday, March 30, 2016

(会員) 2015年3月30日 英会話- abilities & disabilities!

(会員) 2015年3月30日 英会話- abilities & disabilities!

1. born:
He is a born ~.
He is a born leader.
He is a born liar.
He is a born entertainer.  
He is a born teacher.
He is a natural born killer.
He is a natural born + JOB.

2. ~ runs in the family. 
Medicine runs in the family.
Teaching runs in the family.

4. He’s a natural at ~.
He’s a natural entertainer.
He’s a natural singer.


5. He's God's gift to NOUN.
He thinks he’s God’s gift to women.
What are you? God’s gift to women?

6. I tried my best. / I did my best.  / I gave it my best.

7. That guy couldn’t find himself out of a paper bag.
     That guy couldn’t ~ himself out of a ~. 
     That guy couldn’t cook himself out of a kitchen.

8. Dave Spector’s Japanese is great. I can’t hold a candle to his Japanese.

9. He’s a great actor, but he can’t hold a candle to Robert DeNiro.

10. to dabble in st:
I don't know many magic tricks, but I've dabbled a little in card tricks.
I've dabbled in acting/writing.
I've dabbled in magic.

11. to try one’s hand at st = to try
I tried my hand at teaching elementary school, but it wasn’t for me. 

12. ~ is not for me. = 合わない。









No comments:

Post a Comment