Monday, March 21, 2016

(会員) Fri. March 18 - Basic - Advanced PAIN

(会員) Fri. March 18 - Basic - Advanced PAIN
PAIN IDIOMS
1. My finger hurts.
2. I hurt my finger.
3. 痛いですか? Does it hurt? / Are you in pain?
BASIC PAIN IDIOMS
4. No pain, no gain.
5. Switching out my clothes every season is a pain in the neck.
Idiom: ~ is a pain in the neck/ass.
~ is a pain in the neck/rear/butt/ass.

下品な = vulgar = crude = obscene

= 6. ~ is a royal pain.

7. a sharp pain vs. a dull pain
a sharp pain = 鋭い痛み
dull pain = 鈍痛

8. My sunburn stings.

9. sting / stung / stung
The bee stung me. / The jellyfish stung me.

10. I asked her out on a date, and she said no. Her words really stung me.

11. I exercised too much yesterday. Today I have sore muscles. 

12. I have a sore throat. 

13. a glitch = a problem, usually a computer problem

14. I have a backache / an earache / toothache / headache / stomachache.
I have heartache.
I have a tummy-ache. 
It was excruciatingly painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment