Monday, May 9, 2016

5月9日(月曜日)23:00 Members Only 英会話ライブレッスン

5月9日(月曜日)23:00 Members Only 英会話ライブレッスン
詐欺 fraud ?
a heron
a stork
Bird Idiom:
1. 2 birds with 1 stone 一石二鳥
I’m going to stop by Costco on my way to the airport and pick up some pizza.
2. The early bird catches the worm.早い起きは三文の徳
He’s an early bird.
3. He’s a night owl. <—> He’s an early bird.
4. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. = What you have is more valuable than what you don’t have.
5. ~ is for the birds. = I am not interested in ~ at all. = ~ is worthless.
6. He is a bird-brain. = He is stupid.
7. A little bird told me.

A: Hey, congrats! I heard you’re getting married! 
B: Oh! How did you know?  
A: A little bird told me.  

8. He flipped me the bird.
    He gave me the bird.  = He showed me his middle finger.= He gave me the finger.

9. Birds of a feather flock together. 類は友を呼ぶ

10. I’m as free as a bird. = I am totally free.

11. the birds and the bees = the subject of sex and making children
When I was a little boy my father told me about the birds and the bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment