Monday, May 2, 2016

5月2日(月曜日)23:00 Members Only 英会話ライブレッスン

Nico May 2, 2016

to go on strike = to stop working in protest

a sickout = a strike where everyone claims they are sick

It’s a form of protest where employees falsely call in sick.

Let’s learn a few idioms that use the word “sick” in them.
1. to call in sick.
2. to be sick = SLANG: to be cool
His guitar playing is sick. 
Listen to that sick beat.
In the 19802 BAD = cool.
Even now “wicked” = very cool, high quality.

3. I think I’m going to be sick. = I think I’m going to throw up. 


4. to be worried sick
Father: Where were you? We were worried sick about you.
Your mother was worried sick about you.

5. to be sick to one’s stomach
I was sick to my stomach. = I threw up.

6. to be sick of st = to be tired of st
It’s been raining every day this week. I’m so sick of this weather!

7. to be sick and tired of st

I’m sick and tired of you lying to me. 
I’m sick and tired of having to clean up after you.

8. sick = mentally sick
We often use this when we think someone is crazy.
He’s sick. < He’s sick in the head.

9. to be as sick as dog = to be very sick

10. You make me sick. = You are really disgusting and a morally bad person.

Top L.A. County sheriff's official resigns over emails mocking Muslims and others
11. to resign = to quit a high position job
to quit = to resign = to step down

12. to impeach = to formally accuse sb of a crime
13. to mock sb = to make fun of them

14. to take a jab at sb = to make a little public joke about sb

action@k3.dion.ne.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment