Friday, July 1, 2016

2016年6月267日 MONDAY - LIVE LESSON!

20166267 MONDAY - LIVE LESSON!
I had super cringeworthy experience yesterday.
microaggressions = small insult
daily small racial insults
You must be overly “sensitive.”

So one of the foreign girls said "tanpin de" and then one my J friends FREAKED.
to freak = to get really excited or angry

"She just said one word. You can't possibly know how good she is from one word. Your reaction is a bit rude."

I have low expectations.
I didn't have high expectations.

The same girl that complimented her, cut her off.

I couldn't believe my Jfriend was being so obnoxious.

Then it turns out that this girl is half Japanese and all of a sudden everything changes.

The Japanese girl stops with the compliments and treats her (nearly) like a normal person.

The J-girl's reaction was over the top.

This type of microaggression is a sore spot with many foreigners.

He is still sore. = still angry

I know it happens to everyone and there's not much you can do about it but it's still a pet peeve for me.


It's still a pet peeve for me. = It’s still something that really bothers me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment