Wednesday, March 29, 2017

(会員)2017年3月28日(火曜日)English Live Lesson

(会員)2017年3月28日(火曜日)English Live Lesson

1. to hit the sack = to go to sleep, 
I’m tired. I’m going to hit the sack.

2. ~ is a hit.
The show is a hit.

3. He hit a home run. = He did a great job.
He hit it out of the park.

4. He nailed it. = He did a great job.

5. to hit on someone
Are you hitting on me? = Are you making a pass at me?

6. to hit the books = to study
It's time to hit the books., I need to hit the books.

7. I better hit the road. = I have to leave.

8. I’ve been hitting the bottle. = I have been drinking.

9. Hit the gas. = Let’s go faster in this car.

10. Hit the brakes. = Stop the car.
My boyfriend and I have decided to hit the brakes on our relationship.

11. to hit a [place]
I need money, so I need to hit the bank.
I need to pee before we leave, so I’m going hit the head/toilet/john/restroom/bathroom.
I’m going to hit the restroom before we go.

12. The shit hit the fan.

13. to hit a nerve = to say say something that really bothers someone

No comments:

Post a Comment