Tuesday, March 14, 2017

(会員) Tuesday Night - March 14, 2017 - Let's GET some GET idioms!

(会員) Tuesday Night - March 14, 2017 - Let's GET some GET idioms!

1. Can I get you ~?  / What can I get you? 
2. to get ADJECTIVE 
I got old. / I got tired. / I got interested. / I got fat. 
3. Did you get that? / Sorry, I didn’t get that. 
4. I don't get it.  = I don’t understand. 
5. Where did you get it?  
6. I got hurt. / Did you get hurt? / Nobody moves, and nobody gets hurt. 
7. to get fired: He got fired.
8. to get laid off: to lose one’s job because the company does not need you right now. 
9. get hold / get ahold = to call
to get ahold of sb: to get in touch with sb = to contact sb = to reach sb
I’ve been trying to get ahold of you all day. 
10. to get a hold of st = to grab with your hands  
get hold = 手に入ること
11. What are you getting at? 
He really gets to me. / He's trying to get at me. 
This heat is really getting to me. 
12. I got your back. 
13. Get your shit together. = Pull yourself together. = しっかりしろ!
14. Get a load of that. = Look at that.
15. to get into st = to become interested in st 

When did you first get into Japanese culture? 

No comments:

Post a Comment