Thursday, April 22, 2010

Intermediate: BODY SLANG! Part 1 of 2

Cool Body Slang:


1. She has a nice stomach. She has nice ~.
a) ribs
b) abs
c) deltoids
d) trunks

Answer: abs=abdominal muscles
She has a six-pack.
He has 6-pack abs.


2.
A: Want to hear my story?
B: I'm all ~.
a) listening
b) earing
c) hearing
d) ears
Answer: Idiom: I'm all ears.
聞きたくてたまらない.


3. That was expensive. That cost me ~.
a) a leg and a hand
b) an arm and a leg
c) an arm and a foot
d) a leg and an arm
Answer: to cost an arm and a leg = to be very expensive

Related idiom:
I would cut off my right arm to VERB.
I would cut off my right arm for NOUN.

〜したくてたまらない
I would cut off my right arm for tickets to the Rolling Stones concert.


4. He is a "badass", means he is ~.
a) a word for a generally bad person
b) a young bully
c) a very confident & tough person
d) a cold blooded killer

Answer: a badass (in this case it is a noun/person)

Related:
a badass + NOUN = cool NOUN
That's a real badass jacket.


5. She is very brave. = She has ~.
a) cojones
b) steel balls
c) balls
d) big balls

Answer: ALL
balls = testicles, but in slang, "balls" is bravery


6. He drinks too much. He has a ~.
beer belly
Answer: a beer belly=ビール腹


7. He thinks he is really important. He has a big ~.
a) brain
b) head
c) psych
d) mind


Answer: a big head= 自負心、うぬぼれ

8. He can't trust him with
a secret. He has a big ~.
a) mouth
b) tongue
c) tooth
d) throat
Answer:

a bigmouth= おしゃべりなやつ


9. He is stupid. He is a ~brain.
a) bird
b) bug
c) mouse
d) rat

Answer: a birdbrain=a stupid person


10. I'm so stupid!
I'm such a ~head.
a) muscle
b) skull
c) bone
d) hair
Answer: a bonehead=a stupid or foolish person


11. Drink up!=~ up!
a) ass
b) bottoms
c) butt
d) hips

Answer: Bottoms up!


12. That's none of your business! Keep your ~ out of my business!
a) head
b) eyes
c) nose
d) hands

Answer: nose

Related: nosey=余計なお世話

a brownnoser=a kiss-ass=a person who compliments people insincerely because they want something
おべっか使い.

No comments:

Post a Comment