Sunday, April 25, 2010

Intermediate BODY SLANG! - Part 2 of 2

13. I'm nervous. I have ~ in my ~.
a) flies / head
b) butterflies / heart
c) flies / stomach
d) butterflies / stomach

Answer: to have butterflies in one's stomach = to be nervous


14. It's a very competitive business. =
It's cut~.
a) neck
b) throat
c) head
d) heart

Answer: It's cutthroat! 冷酷な

15. Say this to someone when you think they will be jealous of you!
嫌みな言い方。
a) Pull your eyes out!
b) Eat your tongue out!
c) Eat your arm off!
d) Eat your heart out!

Answer: Eat your heart out! 思い知ったか。/ざまあ見ろ。◆eat one's heart outは「悲痛な思いをする」、「悲嘆に暮れる」の意。

16. Stop ~ me!
a) eye
b) eyed
c) eyeball
d) eyeballing

Answer: to eyeball sb=to look at them for a long time

17. My parents paid for the trip. = They ~ the bill.
a) armed
b) fingered
c) elbowed
d) footed

Answer: to foot the bill = to pay for st

18. I recovered. I'm back on my ~.
a) ass
b) legs
c) feet
d) toes

Answer: to be back on one's feet=to have recovered

19. He annoys me.
He gets on my ~.
a) eyes
b) ears
c) nose
d) nerves

Answer: He gets on my nerves.=イライラさせる。

20. He is suddenly scared of getting married.
He is getting ~.
a) hot feet
b) warm feet
c) cold feet
d) cool feet

Answer: to get cold feet=to lose one's bravery

No comments:

Post a Comment