Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Regret Expressions - Intermediate - Advanced

More "regret" expression!
1. I wish I had/hadn't 過去分詞
2. I should/shouldn't have 過去分詞
3. I regret (not) (verb)ing
I regret + noun.
4. If only I had/hadn't 過去分詞
5. There's no use crying over spilt milk.
6. Better safe than sorry.=
It's better to be too careful than
to be careless (and regret it later).
7. I don't regret (verb)-ing.
8. I have no regrets. / I have too many regrets to count.
9. I regret the day I (past tense verb).
Variations:
10. I curse the day I (past tense verb).
11. I rue the day I (past tense verb).
12. I'll regret it if I don't (verb)
13. We regret to inform you that ~.
We regret to inform you that
your son was killed in Iraq.
14. I'm so embarrassed that I (past tense verb)
15. I'm so ashamed for having 過去分詞.
16. It's too bad that ~.
17. It's a shame that ~.
18. It's too bad that ~.
19. If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.
20. A: Do you think your husband will let you go to Las Vegas with us?
B: If only!

No comments:

Post a Comment