Thursday, August 26, 2010

Aug. 26th. Nico Nico Douga TOEIC VOCABULARY

V=vacant
I=ignore
C=confidence
T=tenant
O=ostentatious
R=raise
------------------------
vacant (adjective)
empty; unfilled; unoccupied; lacking expression
He had a ~ look in his
eyes. I knew he had
not heard anything
I had just said to him.
That building used to be
~, but it’s ~ now.


ignore (verb)
forms: ignored; ignored; ignoring
to disregard; to overlook; to refuse to recognize; to reject

confidence (noun)
form: no plural
trust; certainty; faith in oneself; secret
That is confidential.

He took me into his confidence.
I have confidence in you.
I’m not very confident in my ability.
I’m confident you can do it.
I’m confident you would
have caught that fish if you
had had the right fishing ~.


ostentatious (adjective)
showy; pretentious;
bombastic; pompous;
garish, gaudy
[形]けばけばしい;これみよがしの

Don’t you think her dress is a bit
~? I mean this is not a ball. It’s
just a little cocktail party.


tenant (verb)
forms: tenanted; tenanted; tenanting
to rent; to inhabit; to occupy

I tenant is someone who ~ a building.

raise (noun)
form plural: raises
increase in salary; wage in
I worked hard!
I deserve a ~!

I don’t want Kan to
~ the consumption tax!

They’re going to ~
a cultural center
where that store
used to me.

My uncle ~ pigs

for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment