Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nico Nico - Dec. 15, 2010

Nico Nico - Dec. 15, 2010
Sophisticate your English

Please watch the video as you look at this list!

I’m busy.
I’m afraid I’m busy.
I’m occupied.
I’m engaged.
I’m tied up at the moment.
I’m up to my neck in ~.
I’m up to my neck at work.
I’m swamped.
I’m in over my head.

I didn’t understand that at all.
That went right over my head.
I think that joke went
right over his head.

2. 下痢=diarrhea
She talks too much.
She has diarrhea of the mouth.
She has verbal diarrhea.

3. constipated / constipation
I am constipated.
I have constipation.
I am mentally constipated.
He is emotionally constipated.

He looks like a robot.

4. Would you like
a cup of coffee?
Would you like
a cup of java/joe?
Can I interest you
in a cup of coffee?

5. 感動した。
I’m impressed.
I’m touched.
I’m moved.
The last scene
was very moving.
The last scene
really moved me.

6. おまかせで?
It’s up to you.
I’ll leave it up to you.
It’s your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment