Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nico Nico - Aug. 11, 2011 Intermediate – Advanced

Nico Nico - Aug. 11, 2011
Intermediate – Advanced
Today we’re going to talk about the prefix: “mis-”.

1. to mistake A for B
to make a mistake
I made a mistake.
I mistook (A) for (B).
I mistook my mother's voice for my sister's voice.
I was mistaken for a Chinese.

2. to misunderstand
She misunderstood what he said.
Please don’t misunderstand me.
I think there’s been a misunderstanding.

3. to misspeak
She misspoke.
I must have misspoken.

4. to misshear
I must have misheard.
She misheard what you said.

5. to mistype
He mistyped the word.

6. to misspell
I misspelled the word.

7. to misuse
He misused the word.

8. to mismanage
He mismanaged the store.

9. She misconstrued what I said.

10. He misinterpreted what I said.

11. I'm sorry if I mispronounced your name.
12. I misread that word.

13. to misnumber
She misnumbered the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment