Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Aug. 17, 2011 - Beginner's Lesson/Class

Aug. 17, 2011 -- Beginner's Lesson/Class

1. How’s work? or How’s business?

Work is good/busy/hectic.
Things are good/busy/hectic.

<--> Work is slow. / Things are slow.

Are you free Friday?
I'm free. / I'm available. / I have time.

complimentary
Please have a complimentary drink.

The drinks are complimentary.

There's an ~ bar.
There's an open bar. = You don’t have to pay for drinks.

all-you-can-drink =飲み放題
all-you-can-eat =食べ放題

Today’s meal is on the house.

Let me buy you a drink.
This one is on the house.
---------------------------
Let me buy you a drink.

This one is on me.=I’ll pay for this one.

Let me get this round.
You can get the next round.

to get a round=to pay for a all the drinks one time

No comments:

Post a Comment