Thursday, February 7, 2013

(公開) 2月7日 (木曜日) 11pm - 11:30pm Interesting slang to EASY English!


(公開) 2月7日 (木曜日) 11pm - 11:30pm Interesting slang to EASY English!

1. a bath:
a) He took a bath.
b) I took a bath on the stock. = I lost a lot of money on the stock.

2. toast
a) bread

b) in big trouble/dead
When the boss finds out what he did, he is toast!

3. agree
a) 賛成する
b) bad for one's stomach
Something I ate didn't agree with me.
Oily food doesn't agree with me.

4. promise
a) 約束する
b) to have a high possibility of success
He has a lot of promise.
He's only been playing piano for a year, but I can see that he has a lot of promise.
He is a promising young doctor.

5. trick
a) 技
b) こつ
There's a trick to opening the door.

6. a closet
a) 押し入れ
b) secret
He's a closet takarazuka fan.
He's a closet homosexual.
He came out of the closet.

7. fishy
a) to smell like fish
b) to be suspicious
Something about his story is fishy.

8. chemistry
a) 化学
b) 気が合う
I had a date last night. She was beautiful, but we didn't have chemistry.
We have good chemistry.

9. ever
強調するため!
This was my best day ever!
This was the best pizza ever!
That was the best ramen ever!

10. friendly
a) nice to people, He is a friendly man.
b) ユーザーフレンドリーな、使い方の分かりやすい
The iphone is really user friendly.
That program is not user friendly.

11. issue
a) a magazine issue
b) a problem, an important topic
Money is not an issue.
That's a very big issue.

12. shake
a) mixed cold milk drink
b) to get rid of st, to lose
I can't shake this cold.
I can't shake the feeling that someone is watching me.



No comments:

Post a Comment