Tuesday, February 5, 2013

(会員)2月5日 (火曜日) 10:30pm - 11:15pm「make」 idioms! & TOEIC!

(会員)2月5日 (火曜日) 10:30pm - 11:15pm「make」 idioms! & TOEIC!


Tues. Feb. 5, 2013

I am under the weather.
I think I'm coming down with something. 



初級
A baker's dozen of "make の熟語"
"make" idioms!

1. to make it = to arrive, to go/come
Can you make it? I can make it!

2. to make ~ up
He made it all up. = It was all a lie. 
He made up the whole story.

3. to make up = to become friends again
They had a fight, but they made up.

4. to put on make-up= cosmetics 
She put on her make-up.
She is not wearing any make-up.

5. to make out = to do OK
I made out. = I was OK. I did enough to survive.

to make out  =  to succeed
He made out ok. 

6. to make out
I saw a young couple making out in the park. 

7. to make out = to understand
A: What did he say? 
B: I couldn't make it out. 

A: What does this say? 
B: I can't make it out. 

8. to make sb do st
She made me clean up my room.
She made me cry.

9. to make love = to have sex
They made love.
They slept together.
They had sex.

10. to make the bath up for sb
He made the bath for his wife.
He made up the bath for his wife.

11. to make a good JOB
You would make a good cop.

SB would make a good JOB
She is single, but she would make a great mother/wife.

12. to be made to be ADJECTIVE
This chair wasn't made to be sat on.
This chair wasn't made to be stood on.
This bottle was never made to be used.

13. to make sense = to be logical 
That makes no sense.
----------------------------------------------------------
TOEIC questions:
1. He can't ~ for all the merchandise.
a. accountable, b. accounting, c. account, d. count


2. You can't blame me ~ what happened! It's not my fault.
a. to, b. for, c. on, d. because

It's your fault. = I blame you.

(formal) You are responsible. = You are to blame?

誰が悪かった? Who's fault was it?
Who was at fault. (formal)


3. What did you major ~? 
a. on, b. in, c. to, d. for


4. The mandate was to investigate ~ violations of international law.
a. said, b. allegations, c. supposed, d. alleged


5. Catholicism is Italy's ~ religion.
a. major, b. majority, c. predominant, d. preeminent



6. The site ~ images that had not been properly attributed.
a. had, b. posted, c. contained, d. accomodated





No comments:

Post a Comment