Friday, October 4, 2013

(会員) 英会話ライブレッスン 2013年10月01日(火)Halloween Vocabulary Booster 初級

() 英会ライブレッスン 20131001日(火)Halloween Vocabulary Booster

1. scare
The black cat scared me. 

2. I am scared of sharks.
2. I am scared of my wife.

3. Sharks are scary. 

4. I am afraid of sharks. = I am scared of sharks.

5. I fear sharks. = I am scared of sharks.
------------------------------------------------------
6. I'm afraid I can't.= I'm sorry, I can't. 

GHOSTS! 
7. Do you believe in ghosts?
Do you believe in God?

8. I think I can. = I believe I can. 

9. I believe in you!

10. Believe in yourself! 

Question: What is the difference between A and B.
I believe you.= I think what you are saying is the truth. 
I believe in you. = I think you can/will succeed. 

I don't believe you. = I think you are lying. 

11. I am not surprised. = I believe it. 

12. I am very surprised. = I can't believe it.

---------------------------------------------------------
13. a ghost
14. a witch
15. a broom
16. a black cat
17. a male witch = a wizard 
18. a wizard --> a wiz = an expert 
He is a computer wiz.
He is a wiz in the kitchen.  
He is a wiz with a knife. 
He is a wiz with a camera. 

I have to take a wiz. = I have to pee. 

19. a pumpkin
20. a Jack-o-lantern 
21. carve = 彫刻をする

22. Trick or treat! 

23. I'll treat you! = I will pay for coffee, dinner, etc.
I'll treat you to dinner.

24. It's my treat! 


25. How are they treating you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment