Tuesday, March 18, 2014

(会員)March 12, 2014 English Lesson 生放送 MIXED LEVELS Vocabulary

(会員)March 12, 2014 English Lesson 生放送 MIXED LEVELS Vocabulary 
 1. to present = formal word for "give"
XX She presented me chocolates.
X She presented me with chocolates.
O She presented him with an Oscar.

2. to give = the most common word for あげる
O She gave me chocolates.
O The movie gave me a good idea.

3 to reciprocate = 報いる、等価のものを返す
Allow me to reciprocate.

4. a present = 名詞 noun
She gave me a present.

5. to plagiarize =  盗用[盗作]する
Haruko Obokata was accused of ~.

Haruko Obokata was accused of plagiarizing her thesis.

6. plagiarism = 盗作、盗用
Haruko Obokata was accused of plagiarism.

7. to crucify sb: to treat sb unfairly and harshly

The media is crucifying her.

8. to expose sb
~をさらす, 露出する、見せる

They exposed her as a fraud.

The sentences that she allegedly copy and pasted are nothing special.

9. to retract = to take st back

10. to weigh st = to consider = to think about one's decision
I am weighing my options.

11. to vandalize = ~を破壊する、 ~を壊す

12. vandalism = 破壊
Man charged in Anne Frank diary vandalism case

to do time = to go to jail
to do hard time = to go to a really tough jail for a long time

No comments:

Post a Comment